Minnesota is hosting the National Lutheran Secretariat in 2020 and we need to raise funds for this event. Please join us for a fun chili cook-off competition and silent auction.
Who: ALL are welcome! This event is open to anyone – bring your friends – no need to be a 4th day member.
When: Saturday, February 17, 2018 starting at 3pm.
- Bidding for silent auction starts at 3:15
- Eucharist service at 4:00
- Final bidding 5:00
- Chili judging concludes at 5:45 (You are the judge!)
- Awards are bestowed after the auction is complete
Where: Bethel Lutheran Church, 1321 North Ave, Northfield, MN 55057
Cost: $10 per person or $35 max for family
What you can do:
If you’re unable to attend the event, you can still donate. Just let us know (in comments below) and we’ll arrange something to get your chili and/or donated auction item before the event.
- Help get the word out with THIS FLYER to hang at your church.
- Donate chili to enter in the contest
- Enter either a “White”, “Family Friendly”, or “Hottest” chili. Awards will be given in all three categories as well as “Best Overall”.
- Chili entry deadline February 3, 2018. (Just let us know you are entering by this time so we have counts of entries.)
- Bring one 5 quart crock pot of your entry starting at 2:30pm the day of the contest, no later than 3:15 pm. (If you don’t have a crock pot, let us know so we can make sure we can heat your entry to temp before 5:00pm.)
- Donate auction items
- Let us know what item you will donate and what the value is. No item too big or small!
- We are hoping for a couple big ticket items to have a live auction at the end.
- Help in numerous other ways – let us know how you’d like to help
- Kitchen help
- Help with auction
- Help with ballets, count votes
- Set up or clean up
I hope, and pray, for an successful event. This format has worked well in the past and it has been a few years since the last event so there should be good participation. LSD, and I, expect to be in Arizona on the 17th so it will be unlikely we’ll be able to attend. Blessings, Steve
Sent from my iPhone