Minnesota is hosting the National Lutheran Secretariat in 2020 and we need to raise funds for this event. Please join us for a fun chili cook-off competition and silent auction.
Who: ALL are welcome! This event is open to anyone – bring your friends – no need to be a 4th day member.
When: Saturday, February 17, 2018 starting at 3pm.
- Bidding for silent auction starts at 3:15
- Eucharist service at 4:00
- Final bidding 5:00
- Chili judging concludes at 5:45 (You are the judge!)
- Awards are bestowed after the auction is complete
Where: Bethel Lutheran Church, 1321 North Ave, Northfield, MN 55057
Cost: $10 per person or $35 max for family
What you can do:
If you’re unable to attend the event, you can still donate. Just let us know (in comments below) and we’ll arrange something to get your chili and/or donated auction item before the event.
- Help get the word out with THIS FLYER to hang at your church.
- Donate chili to enter in the contest
- Enter either a “White”, “Family Friendly”, or “Hottest” chili. Awards will be given in all three categories as well as “Best Overall”.
- Chili entry deadline February 3, 2018. (Just let us know you are entering by this time so we have counts of entries.)
- Bring one 5 quart crock pot of your entry starting at 2:30pm the day of the contest, no later than 3:15 pm. (If you don’t have a crock pot, let us know so we can make sure we can heat your entry to temp before 5:00pm.)
- Donate auction items
- Let us know what item you will donate and what the value is. No item too big or small!
- We are hoping for a couple big ticket items to have a live auction at the end.
- Help in numerous other ways – let us know how you’d like to help
- Kitchen help
- Help with auction
- Help with ballets, count votes
- Set up or clean up